I love summer nights. But I suspect this love was born while living in Utah--where the nights are nice and cool--summer nights in Virginia, on the other hand, mean continued mosquitoes and mugginess.
I love the beach. But this year we refrained from a beach trip on account of the Pax + sunscreen + sand = mom too freaked to enjoy the waves (also, no waves at nearby beaches).
I love long daylight hours. But lately, we are in for the night at about the same time 80% of the time. No leisure late night strolls, no outdoor movies/concerts/dinner picnics.
Needless to say, I am not heartbroken that the summer is over. Yet the main reason I am glad it's the fall is because I will have 2 hours of my husband's Saturday time back. YEAH! No more lawn moving, weeding, no more yucky blah-ky yard work.
I just spent several hours yesterday and today doing yard work. Ugh. Also it is still hot and I was sweaty. Now I am sore. I tried to just stay indoors, really, but I guess I just had to do it.
ReplyDelete