Nov 4, 2010

9 months today. Real or not real? Real

I've been contemplating the 9 months since Paxton joined our little family and comparing them with the 9 months he spent growing in my tummy. My memories of those pregnancy months are a blur of work, house projects and an overload of grad school credits. Good thing I kept a pregnancy journal--sort of--so I can have something to refer to when the next pregnancy "strikes". I might not have an exact recollection of morning sickness, my ever growing tummy and what foods I did or did not like, but this I remember: peeing on the stick, the elation when hearing the heart beat for the first time, finding out we had a boy on the way, feeling the love of family and friends as they helped us get ready for him and the night we finally held him in our arms. We fell in love with this little human being that Heavenly Father so lovingly sent to us on earth.

I don't necessarily feel like the last 9 months went by faster than the 9 months before that, but I do feel a little cheated of this year. I can't believe it is November already! I had so many more projects is my to-do list and I haven't even brushed the surface of many of them. Oh well--they aren't going anywhere, but Pax won't be <1 forever. I love all things November. It might be related to being born on this month. I am enjoying the fall colors and treats--specially our little pumpkin who is just so fun to be around. Last night, he wouldn't go to bed. Both Kevin and I had our try and were unsuccessful. So we invited Paxton to the living room to hang out with us. We watched some West Wing and then just hang on the carpet. These are the events that ensued: Pax is crawling around all over us. He needs a diaper change. We help. He crawls some more. Then, all of a sudden, he sits! (He can go from sitting to crawling, but had never done the tummy to sitting maneuver before).

Guess that's why he couldn't quite go to bed yet. He needed show us his new trick right before his 9-month-old birthday. We love his butt!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this blog! You are a very cute and clever/smart mom and we love having you and Pax in our family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Paxton got to stay up late. That is the good stuff. Wish I could see that little bum wiggle as he crawls.

    ReplyDelete