Apr 2, 2010

Catching UP, Part 1

Hello folks. I wanted to put up some pictures from my 27th birthday, back at the beginning of March. And then we thought, why don't we just do a bunch of catch up? So here is our attempt at a "best of" the last few months.

Paxton turns six months old in three days and we hope to be more regular with the postings now. Yes, even if it means scaling back on our Netflix usage to make time for blogging.

First, the birthday pictures. I was trying this thing while on paternity leave of not shaving. This is me at my record one month's worth. Still pretty sad. I don't suppose I was meant to wear a beard.

Yup, my parents brought a puzzle for us to do since it was freezing out and we had to stay indoors with the Pax. Also, my dear family made my favorite Oreo-and-chocolate-ice-cream casserole dessert, and we played a newly gifted Scrabble set. Also, that balloon is still floating in our dining room, five months later.

We did eventually venture out. Pax's first time leaving the house for a destination other than the pediatrician's office or church was to the annex of the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. He wasn't as awed by the technological marvels as I expected, though...

And I am pretty sure this was the first time we used the Baby Bjorn. It was very effective, though:


Paxton was happy to get to know his Smith grandparents before they had to leave.


Just a few days later, Milu took the Pax down to a photo studio at the mall for his first official shoot. My two favorites:

This last one is sitting in a frame on my desk at work, along with one from our wedding and an early all-family pic.

Alright, that pretty much brings us up to the end of March. There are some other pictures to share from this period but I think it will be better to work them in to topical posts at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment