I have been, shall we say, unenthusiastic about making a big deal out of the Paxton’s first birthday. But I want to celebrate in my own way, thusly.
One year ago, we were immensely blessed. We truly became a family with the addition of a newborn son. He had lots of hair and slightly orange skin, and to me he was the most beautiful child there could be.
Maybe every father feels this way. At times befuddled and completely lost. At times frustrated and impatient. At all times struck breathless by overwhelming joy.
Can I imagine a life without my son? Unfortunately, it can be imagined. This week, with my family out of town, I have even lived it. And I have no desire to stay this way. Bring me back. Bring him back.
Making me proud for 365 days and counting. Thank you, Pax.
My sweet, sentimental Kevin. I am so glad you love your family so!
ReplyDeletesuch a good dad. Love you frother
ReplyDelete