Aug 25, 2012
things that are smaller in Korea
Pardon the picture of my bruised-looking arm. I got some blood work done at my OB's yesterday and as I saw the tiny bandaid (in Virginia I used to walk out with a big ol' cotton ball and a piece of tape) I thought "hey! many things are smaller in Korea."
Pregnant women, for instance. I have not seen a single pregnant woman look as big as I do. And I didn't think I was that big... but when I see myself in the mirror, I understand why older ladies smile and point at my belly all the time (there has been lots of touching too). My Korean teacher said, after finding out how far along I am, "oh, that's why you look like that."
Here is a picture of me looking "like that" at 35 weeks along. This last week I felt baby frijol drop, much to my ribs' content and my legs' dismay. I am hoping he will not try to come out yet, at least for the next two weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You really did drop! Why are Korean babies smaller? Is it because their mothers are shorter? You look small for being so close to delivery. Leanne said if you have your baby before her she will be very upset. You are both so close now. Can't wait to meet my two new grandchildren.
ReplyDelete