In October, we went from zero to two cars in one week and decided the time was ripe for an excursion into the Korean countryside. Joined by Mamita and intrepid co-adventurers Scott and Jamie H. (the former being a friend from my days as a missionary), we fought our way through Friday night Seoul-exodus traffic and into the dark, vast beyond.
First stop, we got to our hotel in Chuncheon at 10:30pm, put Paxton down, and promptly went out into the freezing night with Tiago all in wrap. Supper had been light, and I think I should never have forgiven myself if I brought Milu to Chuncheon and neglected to introduce her to genuine dakgalbi, the local specialty renowned throughout Korea. Thank goodness there was at least one place open after midnight!
No camera at hand to capture the moment, unfortunately. But this is what the most delicious chicken-based dish in the world looks like; try to imagine it with giant metal spatular device for cooking and, more importantly, for later scraping the good stuff from the bottom:
We hit our beds at around 1:30am, and yup we slept in quite a lot. As in, when we were finally leaving town, it was time for lunch.
More to come.

I want to go back to Chuncheon and have this dish for lunch and dinner for three days straight -M.
ReplyDelete