Dec 3, 2013

holidays and P

A couple of weeks ago we put up our Christmas decorations, all but the outdoor lights. Paxton and I were coming home from school one afternoon a few days later and he said that he wanted to put up the lights outside. So I replied: "Daddy las va a poner para Thanksgiving". Paxton's response was: "what's pranksgiving?"  (para-thanksgiving merge?)

That's what he has called the holiday since that day. I thought it was funny and barely corrected it, but then I pulled out the Christmas hand towels yesterday and pointed out to Paxton that his towel has a picture of a gingerbread man. He washed his hands and then called: "now I need my gingerBRAT man towel." Whaaaaaat?? I suppressed my laughter. But seriously, there is something wrong with my pronunciation and/or my diction, in both languages! 



3 comments:

  1. Kathy says...
    Ha Ha Ha so funny. Throw a few Korean sounds in there too and he will have his own language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! Add a few Korean sounds in the mix and he will have his very own language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy says...
    Ha Ha Ha so funny. Throw a few Korean sounds in there too and he will have his own language.

    ReplyDelete