September must have broken the record in number of posts in the Smith diaries. But that was before the sleepless nights--times two. Let me explain. We didn't only bring home a newborn, we also brought a lovely cold virus that Monday from preschool. Clue in the sleepless nights in not one, but all three rooms in the house. Thank heavens for my mom taking care of Paxton through the last 10 nights! Poor thing, he was pretty miserable with a cough and fever and ended up missing school for a week. Also, he was banned from our room and hasn't been able to hold baby Tiago since his first day home. Then all the adults got the same bug, but thankfully didn't get hit as hard. We are on the road to recovery.
Now, is there no other way but to share all the bugs our preschooler brings throughout the season? Sigh. I am even toying with the idea of keeping him home through the winter... But seriously, how do you parents out there keep at least the infant "safe"? Ahhh, the joys of parenting more than one kid.
P: Mami!
M: Hola mi niño grande!
P: Nooo, niño pequeñoooo....oo??? (picture an "I think that's what I should be now" look on his face)
As long as he doesn't start calling himself a baby, we are still in business.
on a sick day, wearing a hat great-grandma "mamima" knit for him. He wanted to put it on his way and pose for the camera after he saw me taking some pictures of Tiago

It is a struggle in Pax's little mind--how does he get just as much attention as before Tiago? He really will enjoy being "big" as he gets to do the fun stuff that babies cannot do. I remember Asher went through acting like a baby, using baby talk mostly, after Mollie was born. I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Hugs for everyone!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you've been sick! I hope you will all be 100% soon! And hope Paxton won't bring home too many colds this winter!!
ReplyDeleteKathy--I am glad he is not the first Smith boy going through this :).
ReplyDeleteTiff--Thanks for the good wishes. I sure miss talking to you guys back "home"!!!
I'm so sorry about the sickness going around there! Paxton is not alone in is regression. Mollie has gone through many stages and even after having a baby sister for 5 months, she is calling herself a "baby". I find comfort in knowing that it will get better and better. We need to do webcam again! I want to see you guys. And Mollie keeps asking if Paxton can come over.
ReplyDelete