Feb 22, 2013

scattered thoughts - first winter in Korea

Well, here we are at the end of February. And this is the first post of the year! I won't even chalk it up to mothering my two littles and having no time left. Or to lack of anecdotes from this side of the world. The truth is that it has been a long, weary winter. It might be a stretch to call it weary, since we are well and lack for nothing, but it gives the gist. My writing self has been on hybernation. Here's to an early Spring!

Paxton didn't go back to preschool after the Christmas break. I got tired of fighting him to put his jacket and shoes on and walk up to the car -- all the while hauling a car seat and a 16 lb baby and trying not to slip on ice. And he had been geting sick so much. It was a hard decision, and I've literally seem him bounce off our walls a few times, but at least we've been healthier since. Also, he likes to pick his nose and he stops all activity for a few seconds to do it. Hey, whatever entertains you kid...

He has been enjoying group nap with Tiago and myself, and he stopped talking to me in Spanish. I guess he reached that age when he realized that mommy speaks English and why bother. Thankfully  reinforcements have arrived from Peru in the form or a grandma and a Heidi. It has only been 6 days and he is already at 40% Spanish (up from about 5%).

Tiago is my daily dose of sunshine bottled in baby form. I love seeing his little smile every day. He truly is glad to see me everytime. He is 5 months old now, and it is going too fast. I am enjoying being a baby mamma a lot more this time around. It might be that I have more confidence? Or that I know that one day -- too soon, he is going to prefer kicking balls to cuddling with me.

Besides chewing on his fists, he loves touching everything, looking around, going out, and playing with Paxton's toys. And you know he is playing when he makes a grunting sound. Hard work for a 5 month-old!






 we've also been busy exercising by the river and stuff




No comments:

Post a Comment