Sep 17, 2012

Dongdaemun market

This was one of our destinations on Labor Day. Dongdaemun market, a mecca for fashion. Twenty six shopping malls, 30,000 specialty shops, and 50,000 manufacturers.... within a 10-block radius. Retailers here are usually open from 10am to 5am the next morning--I don't know how they do it. Going "after hours" is supposed to be an experience, so we'll add that to the bucket list. Also, I am itching to take my grandma there. Ven a visitarnos Mamima!

We only went to the "fabrics market" area, which were two connecting 5-story buildings. I was overwhelmed. Forget JoAnn's! I am pretty sure you can find anything you want here.  I bought two yards of ribbon and two yards of fabric (one of them a Vera Bradley print). At $3.5/yard, I couldn't resist. It was great to be there with Kevin and Scott, my trusty interpreters. And I discovered the secret to Kevin having a fun shopping experience: bring a friend along. So much more enjoyable for him! 









No comments:

Post a Comment